List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: State of scripts
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-10 18:53:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Ideally we would have a design that we put up, write some examples in and
> then
> get feedback via blogs, code reviews and get external script-writers in to
> see
> what they think about the API we created.
> Much like Qt likes KDE developers because they are *users* of that API and
> give good critical feedback :)
>
> I apologize for the late point in time, just before the 2.0 final; but the
> scripting kind of fell off the radar for KWord.
> I do detect that the scripting API is unfinished with obvious gaps in the
> API
> and some odd leftovers showing what KWord looked like internally 3 years
> ago.
>
> I hope we can find some people to design a great API for KWord and text for
> the
> 2.1 release. But it will take more research than code, thats for sure.

Well, this is surely something we can speak about at the meeting. This is
along the lines of "sanitising the editing commands", which is a
pre-requisite for collaborative framework anyway. We already spoke about the
need of an interface (some sort of proxy) with the QTextDocument which would
get the "editing request" and deal with the undo/redo.

This is something I am willing to participate to.

Pierre