List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Filter effects for karbon
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2009-04-09 10:43:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, you wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > Interesting approach. If you go on further, i think it would be better to
> > add the filter effects directly into flake. That is needed to use them
> > from the svg filter and because some filters might need access to the
> > canvas background at the time they are invoked. For the latter to work,
> > we actually have to have support rendering into an image buffer
> > (offscreen painting/compositing). And wif we have that it might be
> > feasable to add support for multithreaded painting too.
>
> That begins to sound a bit like... Krita's rendering stack :-)
Yeah, but I suspect a lot of code will be shared, mostly in pigment :) I am
not sure how much (if) it is possible to share the actual filter themselves,
but that's not my priority for now, for 2.1, I just want the blur filter (and
invert, but just because it's a convenient filter for testing early filter
design :) )

--
Cyrille Berger