List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: GSOC: KFormula Shape
From:       Jeremias Epperlein <jeeree () web ! de>
Date:       2009-04-01 15:12:47

Sadly I won't have the time to day, to add the stuff to the wiki, just
one short comment:
> Well, that's the point. That the user, with the cursor as in the third row,
> may want to do different things. Tokens cannot have children elements (with
> the exception of a glyph element, but we can ignore that for now), but what
> happens if the user inserts a '6'? He may want to convert the number '37' in
> the number '376' but she may aswell want to create a new number and have 2
> different numbers '37' and '6' (maybe later she may add an operator between
> the two numbers). This second case is handled correctly when the cursor is as
> in second row. Maybe we should restrict what the user can do to avoid messing
> him (that sounds a bit gnomish...), I'm not sure.

Hmm, I think it would be enough to offer a possibility in the toolbox
to either insert a empty <mi>,<mn>,...
or even offer the possibility to turn selected text into a seperate
token, like this:
<mn> 123|456|789</mn>
 ->

Greetings