List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: GSOC: KFormula Shape
From:       Alfredo Beaumont <alfredo.beaumont () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 15:31:12

Monday 23 March 2009(e)an, Jeremias Epperlein(e)k idatzi zuen:
> Hi koffice team,
>
> I would like to participate in Google Summer of Code and fix what is
> missing from a formula flake shape in Koffice 2.
> From a first look at the code, the rendering code seems to be mostly
> in place and what is missing is mainly the user interface and correct
> able to insert a formula shape, but when I activate the formula tool,
> all I can do is entering numbers, even entering letters doesn't work
> and the tool dockers ui is basically non functional. It is also quite
> easy to crash the parent application (eg kword) by loading some simple
> mathml in the shape. If the rendering code is indeed mainly in place
> (does somebody know, if this is really the case?), I would first
> concentrate on the ui and then the mathml loading and saving. If there
> is still more time, I could implement loading and saving of a limited
> subset of LaTeX. Do you think this would be a feasible project? Would
> somebody like to mentor this? I hope to write formal proposal on
> Wednesday when I am back from a trip.

1. The rendering code is far from complete, but has enough code as to allow
you to concentrate on the UI. I don't think there'd enough time to complete
the UI _and_ MathML loading/saving, but the roadmap looks fine to me (there
should be time for the UI and some MathML or LaTeX work).

2. I'm short on time but still I could help mentoring the specially on the
much better. Anyway, i'm not registered as mentor, not sure if i could still
register, otherwise i'm fine with helping unofficialy if your application gest
selected.

Cheers
--
Alfredo Beaumont Sainz