List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC: KWord interface revamp proposal
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 11:11:22

2009/3/23 David Antler <david.antler@gmail.com>:
> Hey KOfficers,
<blabla>

I think it'd be good if the current dockers would be flexible enough
to be placed in the top and bottom bars without inflating the size of
the top and bottom toolbar. From what I can tell, most dockers would
need some work to make that possible.

However, I don't see the advantage of your design compared to the
current KOffice look. It does not make anything easier to discover as
it does not present more info to the user than the current dockers on
the side. And it does cut in the available vertical space, while the
dockers on the side don't - a big advantage of the current setup,
considering all the widescreens out there.

I'm not a KOffice developer, but I'm guessing they'd rather see you
(or someone else) work om something more useful...