List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Marketing of KOffice 2.0.0
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2009-03-20 12:45:28

Yesterday I and Alexandra had a little informal meeting about the marketing of
our 2.0.0 release. There are a number of issues around it that we need to
solve, but I'm not going to go into detail about that now.

I just want to keep you all up to date with what we agreed on:

Responsibilities:
 * Inge will write the announcement and press releases.  For this he will
contact the KDE Marketing Working Group to get feedback and tips, and maybe
also use the KDE press channel. I will start on this as soon as possible so we
will have time for translations to appear. I will present intermediate
versions to the developers so you can give feedback.

 * Inge will oversee the creation of the visual guide. I'll reread the thread
in this ML and Jos first attempt to see what we need to change and where we
need more material.

 * Alexandra will handle the Social Media. I'll let her post her own threads
about what she wants help with here.

 * Alexandra will handle the updates of the website. She has plenty of ideas
that she will write more about. We will need lots of help here with
screenshots, screencasts, etc.

That's it.  What have we missed?

	-Inge