List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC Proposal - Versioning within OpenDocument files
From:       Nicholas Sinlock <isolatedincident () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-16 22:06:00

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 16. March 2009 16:48:46 Nicholas Sinlock wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm going to be applying for the GSoC with KDE/KOffice and I was
>> hoping I might get some feedback on my proposal from the developers of
>> KOffice.
>> Any suggestions or criticisms would be immensely valuable. Thanks!
>>
> []
>
> Did we mention that we have someone working already on this?

I know PierreSt was working on implementing change tracking from ODF
1.1, but that's not
versioning per se.
>> *Implementation**
>>

> Your implementation paragraphs are not very in-depth and gives me the
> impression you didn't really work on the koffice codebase yet and I think you
> don't really have an overview of what actually needs to be done to finish
> this feature.

I'm aware that my implementation is vague, and that is mainly because I
am not sure how much detail is required,
or desired.   Also, this is just my rough proposal.  I was hoping that I
could get some criticism to work into my
 second draft.   Or, to put it another way, this isn't all I have.  So,
if you want to explain in more depth what exactly
you find lacking in my proposal, whether it be the implementation,
timeline, etc, I would be only too appreciative.
Thanks for you time.