List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/plugins
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-03-16 16:42:33

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> On Monday 16 March 2009, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > There's no way in hell that any person who doesn't know that there used to
> > be a starting point for a table shape to guess it and find it in svn.
>
> Yet I agree with Thomas that having not functional, unmaintained code sitting
> in koffice isn't a very good idea. But I also agree with you that it makes the
> abandonned code more difficult to find.
>
> Would it be acceptable by everyone to have such removed code tagged in
> unmaintained [1] ? (probably in a koffice section) And have it documented in a
> wiki ?

That sounds like an excellent compromise to me. (In this case, had Thomas asked
me be about removing the table shape, I'd probably have agreed, since, as he
explained to me in a later mail, and as I had been investiging just last week,
we'll probably be taking the Qt table stuff as a starting point instead.)

Boudewijn