List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Applications categories
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-27 20:59:18

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 27. February 2009 19:04:41 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> > The other set of applications are apps that are good at very specific
>> > stuff, quite specialized, really.
> []
>> It's probably a technological properties of these projects, I believe
>> their existence should have nothing to do with the message, which, in
>> turn, should be rather simple, not scientific or looking too complex.
>
> Thats exactly what I said too, so we agree :)
>
>> Couldn't the KDE Marketing Working Group have its word here?
>
> Are you disagreeing with something specifically?  I see a growing consensus
> for the groups initially suggested by cyrille. Your mails seem to critique
> the having of groups and you point to MS marketing. But you don't disagree,
> do you?
>
> So, while I love a good discussion, do you actually disagree with the
> proposed groups?  If so, why? And what is your alternate proposal? (and
> why)
It is up to the KOffice developers to make a decision but it is
possible the marketing team members have some interesting ideas about
this topic. Personally, I don't have much input, but I know sebas and
aaron can sometimes be very creative ;-)

Why not make use of that? Present the current ideas to the marketing
team (you could just use kde-promo, but to prevent too much
interference, using the kde-ev-marketing mailinglist could be an
option) and ask for ideas...