List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Applications categories
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-27 17:38:15

2009/2/27 C. Boemann <cbr@boemann.dk>:

> On Friday 27 February 2009 16:11:54 Sven Langkamp wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM, C. Boemann <cbr@boemann.dk> wrote:
>> > My suggestion is:
>> >
>> > General: KWord, KSpread, KPresenter
>> > Creativity: Karbon, Krita
>> > Other: Kexi, KPlato, Kivio, KChart, KFormla
>>
>> Wouldn't that degrade Kexi, KPlato and Kivio to supporting apps?
>> These are first class KOffice apps so they shouldn't the in other.
> Actually i meant it as upgrading kchart and kformula

I wonder that "Other" is redundant information for anyone. Even more
than "Productivity". I've recently heard "I am productive with GIMP
[replace with Krita]" from a gfx designer. Is GIMP/Krita a
productivity app for her? Definitely.

Another possibility would be to emphasize "creative" nature of Krita
and Karbon (what's IIRC is already the case with katelier), and drop
the categories alltogether...

> I also thought about [....] removing kchart and
> kformula all together from the overview (or call them viewers)

Yes, this _makes sense_ as there are many more similar components out
there in KOffice -- let's mention the music notation flake and the
Kexi's form & report designers at least.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek