List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: File filters status...
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-01-19 15:45:58

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 19 January 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Well, kword can load and save kwd and odt -- making a filter that sneakily abuses
> > KWDocument should be really easy to do :-)
>
> Or better, provide a way for kword to know that it should save as kwd
> if the rtf export filter (for instance) needs kwd as input.
>
> (or do I misunderstand something?)

I doubt that :-) I'm not well enough at home with the filter chain stuff that I actually
know why kword doesn't know this yet:

If kword_rtf_export.desktop says

X-KDE-Export=application/rtf,application/msword
X-KDE-Import=application/x-kword
X-KDE-Weight=1
X-KDE-Library=librtfexport
X-KDE-ServiceTypes=KOfficeFilter

Then I'd expect kword to provide .kwd files... So, I must be missing something.

Boudewijn