List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: More regarding LLVM
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2009-01-11 0:35:42

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 09 January 2009, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> So, I installed GCC-3.3.6 with the two LFS patches.
> Neither will OpenGTL. I am sorry, but one one hand you seem to insist
> on using the latest release of binutils, and on the other hand you
> seem to want to use a very old gcc.

The documentation:

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc

Indicates that this GCC should work.

> Maybe a solution in between would be acceptable ?

The problem does appear to be BinUtils.  However, this is problematic
since the same documentation indicates that 2.17 is not recommended.
LFS found issues with 2.18 (not up to date) and it appears that 2.19
although probably up to date it appears to have the regression again.

So, I decided to try 2.18 with the LFS patches.  This does appear to
solve the problem with llvm at least which, although it isn't up to date
for the new headers, does build with warnings.

--
JRT