List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kexi
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2008-12-29 10:11:05

> I discussed this with Thomas on IRC before he wrote the original mail so I
> thought I'd chime in here.
>
> I think in general we shouldn't disable anything, because many people
> building
> will ensure that errors are caught early.  However, in this case it seems
> like kexi has not build for long times and on numerous occasions.  So I
> support Thomas in that kexi should be made optional until the release of
> KOffice 2.0.
>
> -Inge
yeah I was part of that discussion too, and I also agree. We have this rule
about trunk always being compilable, and though we all do make mistakes from
time to time and should be forgiven for that the curret rush towards release
means kexi bugs are not cought in a timely manner (i have it disabled to
save compile ime). One week is way too much.

So it's not a final thing, but a way to move on towards 2.0

Oh, and without it sounding too harsh, I must say that KPlato often suffers
from build errors too. So often that I have disabled it from my own build
too. I will suggest that people stay around irc to hear and catch these
things. Ok I should have mailed the commiter, so shoot me. Persoally I try
to time my bigger commits with a period of time where i know i'm reachable.
I have even gone on irc and asked someone else to confirm that they can
build before leaving.

Again, these things happen and should be forgiven, but we should at the same
time try to lessen the impact.

happy new year
Casper