List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kexi
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-28 20:37:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I'm sorry to be the one to write this email.  Last week a commit was made to
kexi and it broke the compile.  We had half a dozen users come in #koffice
on IRC and ask about this.
This revealed that most core koffice contributors stopped compiling kexi
because compile breakages just happen too often.

For that reason I want to ask for suggestions on how we can make it possible
for our users to keep on compiling and install koffice to the end without
altering the cmake files or passing arguments.

I was hoping we could have a change in the CMakeLists.txt to make kexi be
disabled from compile by default unless a user passed -DBUILD_kexi=true to
his cmake call. Not sure how to do that, though. CMake experts around? :)

Anyone other suggestions?

ps. I reverted the offending commit for now.
--
Thomas Zander