List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Community building - Sprint recap
From:       Magnus Lundborg <lundborg.magnus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-03 21:03:30

Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> To give a new impulse to the discussion (and no, I'm not content with
> it) I would like to ask which newbies have shown up during the last
> months, what they wanted to work on and who took care of them. Did
> they stay with the project? If not, why?
>
> I'd also like to hear from those who are still around, why they joined
> and what made them stay. Maybe one of those who left still reads this
> and could give me his or her impression (PM is fine, I will keep
> quiet).

Hello,

I am very new here. Actually I've been listening to the mailing list for
a few months, but it took me a while to actively participate due to
various reasons. My overall impression of the project is good.

So far I have not focused my attention to any specific area trying to
fix some of the smaller things. But I will probably aim more towards
kword and perhaps more specifically the filters and also odf loading,
which is still severely broken for some of my documents. I think fixing
that is very important for a broad acceptance.

I guess the reason why I joined is that I think KOffice has a great
potential, but there are still a few things, mostly minor, that needs
working on. So I thought if I can fix at least some of them it's all for
the better.

/Magnus