List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord Format menu
From:       Magnus Lundborg <lundborg.magnus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-02 23:06:41

Hello,

I think the menu items for controlling Document Headers and Document
Footers in the Format menu are a bit confusing.

Let's say we start like this (O symbolising unchecked checkboxes):
O Enable Document Headers
O Enable Document Footers

If one then selects one of them, i.e. to enable that selection the menu
items will look like this (X symbolising checked checkbox):
X Disable Document Headers
O Enable Document Footers

I get the impression that the Document Headers are then actually
disabled since the checkbox is checked. I think it would all work better
if just the checkbox changed, but the menu item text did not change.
I.e. after selecting Enable Document Headers it would look like this:
X Enable Document Headers
O Enable Document Footers

This would also bring it into line with how the checked menu items in
the View menu work, i.e. you go from:
O Show Rulers
X Show Rulers
not
X Hide Rulers

I have not made any patches for this. First I want to see that people
agree it would be worth changing it.

Best Regards
/Magnus