List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Community building - Sprint recap
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-12-02 16:47:44

Sorry, had to resend because of pure stupidness. Moderators: just
delete the first try...

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 19:53, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2008, Andrew wrote:
>> > The first thing is to make koffice "sexy", attractive for new developers.
>> > A strong user base is one thing, but we won't get that now.
>>
>> Why?  If Koffice has no belief that it can attract a strong user base then
>> it has no reason to exist... except for the "pleasure" of the developers.
>> Perhaps your comment refers to the short term.
> Yup :) Short term, on the longer term I have no doubt that there will be
> users.

To give a new impulse to the discussion (and no, I'm not content with
it) I would like to ask which newbies have shown up during the last
months, what they wanted to work on and who took care of them. Did
they stay with the project? If not, why?

I'd also like to hear from those who are still around, why they joined
and what made them stay. Maybe one of those who left still reads this
and could give me his or her impression (PM is fine, I will keep
quiet).

Additionally, I would like to propose a bot that forwards all forum
postings from forum.kde.org to the IRC channel. Any other information
you would like to collect into #koffice?

In my opinion it's not about being sexy or not but about pure
survival. If we can add sexyness, fine with me ;)

-- Alexandra