List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Nastaliq (Arabic script style) font handling broken
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-11-24 18:43:58

Hi,

Thank you for testing that aspect of koffice. I fear koffice and kde are very
biased toward americano-european, not by choice or design, but mostly by a
lack of information, so testing those issues and reporting them is of great
value.

On Sunday 23 November 2008, mutlu_inek wrote:
> This bug will make KOffice, KDE and even Qt unusable for millions (130
> million according to Wikipeadia) of native Urdu speakers in India and
> Pakistan. I hope the priority of this issue could be reconsidered.

Unfortunately if it's a bug in Qt, there isn't much we can do to make Nokia
reconsider the priority of the bug :( I am not sure either if we can find a
workaround or solution within KDE or KOffice.

--
Cyrille Berger