List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] click activates shape
From:       jaham () gmx ! net
Date:       2008-11-11 22:29:02

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 22:47:43 Thomas Zander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at the berlin meeting we talked about an interaction problem in flake.
> Usecase;
> User edits content of one flake.  For example a path-shape.
> user notices another shape on screen and wants to switch from editing the
> current shape to editing the other shape.  So she clicks on that other
> shape.
>
> Currently nothing happens.
> Suggestion is to make such a click to start editing the shape the user
> clicked on.
>
> This avoids the current mess that you have to select the default tool, then
> select the second shape, then select the preferred tool again.
>
> As this is a new feature and behavioral change in the feature freeze I'd
> like to get at least one person that tries the patch and preferably one
> that proof-reads the concepts behind the patch before I can commit it.
>
> Thanks!

Just looked at your patch and have some questions. First, is there a reason
you only limit it to the situation where only one or none shape is selected?
The other thing is that we probably want to have the pixel distance (5 in your
patch) with which you check that it is just a click as a canvas resource.
Maybe other tools need something like that and a canvas resource would make
that consistent.
Oh and there is a y missing in your comment.

Other than that is looks good to me. :-)

Ciao Jan