List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice team is looking for webmasters
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-31 12:41:24

On Friday 31 October 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Yes and this is an effort that we deeply encourage and are ready to help to
> make that happen when we communicate around KOffice :) We are very happy to
> have a link with the KDE Desktop but we clearly don't want it to be
> perceived as a "dependency" (a.k.a. I can only use KOffice if I use KDE
> Desktop). That said, I have first heard about this about a year or two, and
> it's my perception that work to make this happen has not yet started and
> that "KDE" is still equal to "KDE Desktop" and not "KDE Project" (a simple
> look at kde.org tell so, for instance, it still speak of "KDE" release).

The effort has started. There have been quite some discussions how to best do
this since some while. As you can imagine this is not an easy task, so it
needs some preparations.

We are nearing the completion of a concrete proposal how to do the rebranding
on the marketing list. There also already have been some discussions on the
promo list and you might have seen Aaron's blog entry where he addressed the
problem.

The current thinking is that we want to implement this with the 4.2 release
and finish it by 4.3.