List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    junior jobs (Was: Re: Fwd: Get involved)
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-10-08 10:32:46

Hello,

I jump on this topic, we really need to setup a good Junior Jobs list. Somehow
we are loosing contributors (or at least failing to attract them), recently,
a few times we have taken the time to helpe someone setup his developement
environnement, and the last question is always "what can I do now ? Are there
any junior jobs ?".  Since most people are interested to help on kword and
kpresenter, and I dont' know enough of this apps to give a hint on what to
fix or on what to work. I just wanted to remind you of the importance of
taking time to fill the list of JJs.

Currently we have two pages of JJs :
http://www.koffice.org/getinvolved/junior-jobs.php
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Junior_Jobs

I suggest to kill the one of the website. And to fill the wiki. I also think
that for the time beeing we should concentrate on bug fixes. So if you have
bugs that are easily reproductible, and that you don't have time to look at
in the next month, please add them to the wiki (and if they also referenced
in the KDE's bugzilla, mark them as JJ and add a link in the wiki).

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> Got it this morning and sent this half-helpful reply.
>
> Thanks for getting back to him with any useful hint. :)
>
> Alexandra

Cyrille Berger