List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: EMF parser / renderer in playground
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-07 15:44:32

On Tuesday 07 October 2008, Brad Hards wrote:
> One of those projects might be of interest to KOffice though - an Enhanced
> Metafile parser / renderer.

FWIW, Laurent and I wrote an EMF parser/renderer for a commercial customer,
so, well, we have some experience with this. In particular I'm expert on the coordinate
system monstrosity that is necessary for proper EMF rendering... I'm not sure how
much it's worth me investing time into EMF parsing/rendering for KDE (compared to
kio or konqueror), but if you have questions I'm here. I should also try to convince
the customer to let us LGPL the code we wrote for them...