List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Creating a buzz for KO2
From:       "Alexandra Leisse" <alexandra () untangled ! biz>
Date:       2008-10-01 14:54:34

Hey!

I seem to get creative over cups of red tea. So I thought I'd share my
thoughts with you. :)

I would like to raise attention dramatically for the new KOffice
version among our targeted audience of early-adopters/developers and
for that reason want to use the nice and easy so called web2.0
platforms.

o Twitter.com
Everybody could set up her or his own account, but maybe that's not
for everyone. So I suggest setting up an account for KOffice and sync
all of your blogs into it via twitterfeed. That doesn't cause more
work but makes your blogs more visible, at least to those who only
occasionally drop by the planet for example.

o Flickr.com
This would give us a central place to collect screenshots easy to
embed by everyone.

o Vimeo.com
This is a video platform similar to YouTube.com. It provides the
possibility to upload HD content though which adds a lot to the
quality. ;) It is not yet as widely spread as YouTube, but I think the
better quality makes up for that. Additional to that we could put up
screencasts in different formats on the wiki/website for download to
serve those who don't want to rely on flash installs.

The idea behind all this is to have material about KOffice2 in every
possible format which is available on the social web to have people
look at it and comment on it (aka community building). I will use my
personal accounts to spread it and hope some of you will do too.

Bottom line to this is: I can't do this all on my own. I will gladly
set up all those accounts and manage them but I need material. This is
where *you* come in. ;)

I need your blog URLs for the twitterfeed and any screenshot/-cast you
have for a start. I'd be happy with an occasional email saying 'see
attached' with new material. I think you all know your work best and
which features to present. Note that I don't want anybody to spend
hours on this but I think a quick screenshot of a polished feature
should be possible.

Thoughts? Questions?

And thanks for reading to the bottom. ;)
Alexandra