On Saturday 27 September 2008, Thomas Zander wrote: > I'm still not sure what the focus of the summer of usability was about, and > I have not seen any results presented anywhere so far. If someone has a > document would be cool if he can put it up on the wiki :) Well, as I have said before -- the focus was on the usability aspects of the toolbox/docker interaction. But maybe that was too difficult a task for a beginning student. Unfortunately, I think that Neha started without really realising what the focus was meant to be and she spent some time doing something like a comparison of KWord to MS Word 2007. Later she got the idea, and did send out some documents and we still have to have a final meeting. It's a pity Neha didn't manage to interact with the developers more (she complained that she very seldom got a response from the people she mailed, but then, she should have been more active in our public discussion channels, such as this list and #koffice), and I'm afraid that the results of her work are not particularly useful. I've checked in the last documents she produced in http://www.koffice.org/developer/summer_of_usability_2008. > All in all, its probably a matter of taste. I don't know of actual problems > with the current toolbox, it can certainly could use more love but the > (user interface) design seems to be Ok, and consistent. > Do you think the current toolBox is good enough for the 2.0 release? I think it is -- well, we should try to remove the title, and maybe add a nice graphic with the application icon or logo on top. -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel