List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: plugin doesnt load anymore
From:       Florian <florianmerz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-23 15:19:46

Am Montag 22 September 2008 21:19:50 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Monday 22. September 2008 19:38:33 Florian wrote:
> > I I realized I used only a single method from the TextShape class, and
> > that method is only two lines long, so I decided to remove that
> > dependency from the paragraph tool. This made it possible to move the
> > tool to it's own plugin, which is exactly what I did.
> >
> > Unfortunately I can't get any of the KOffice apps to load this plugin,
> > and I don't know why.
>
> I just did a clean install of koffice and your tool was present.
> So you didn't make any mistakes in the sources AFAICT, maybe you just have
> some local installation issues.
> Easiest solution is to make install all of koffice again.
Thanks, I'll try it right away.

> On the subject of you moving the tool to its own plugin, I don't
> specifically have anything against it, but I was more then find with it
> being in the textshape plugin and directory. As an aside; having an extra
> plugin to load for all the apps means a slightly slower startup.
> Which is why we have a 'dockers' plugin with several dockers all in one
> plugin.
For now I think it's a good idea to separate the two tools. This way I have my
own little sandbox to develop in, and the paragraph tool can be easily disable
for a release. Once the paragraph tool is ready for a release, I will happily
move it back to the textshape plugin.

> Either way I'm fine, I just want to be sure you didn't move it out because
> you thought that was expected or a better solution. :)
I do believe it is the better solution for now... :)