List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Announcement for 2.0b1
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-09-23 8:03:04

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Inge Wallin wrote:

> Yesterday I wrote a draft for our announcement of beta1.  You can find it at
> http://www.koffice.org/announcements/announce-2.0beta1.php . What I would
> like is for you to think about the following issues:
>
> * Is this the right way to present the beta?

I think so. I wouldn't repeat "means that" twice in two consecutive sentences,
though :-). It's clear that we've shifted focus, maybe add that we're committed
to producing something good, so we are not committed to a fixed number of beta
releases?

> I have changed some of the boiler plate text, e.g. that we now want bug
> reports.  What I have not done is to make a really big deal about the
> release.  We could start doing that now, but my feeling is that we should
> wait until the real release for that.

I think you're right with that.

> * Which features do we want to highlight?

For Krita, on-canvas preview of filters should work, which is pretty cool
(and filters should work again, too, but that's not so cool, they should have
worked for ages!) I haven't had time to check Lukas' recent work on the
sumi-e tool, and I haven't had time to finish the paintop preset thing, but
that should be pretty cool in the next release.

> Right now, the pics are just taken from the alpha10 announcement.

I'm afraid I cannot produce Krita pics on any os right now, lack of time
and lack of a working KOffice development environment is crippling me
atm.

Boudewijn