List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Call for changelog of beta1
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-09-20 8:44:11

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to collect information about for the changelog for beta1.
>
> The tagging revision is 861989 (alpha 10 was r849374).

* Start implementing brush engine presets: combinations of settings for a
particular brush engine that can be saved, loaded and shared.
* Port the level filter from 1.6
* Fix applying filters
* Add statusbar tool help
* Enable the perspective grid
* Use eigen2 instead of home-grown code for performance wins
* Fix the path painting tool
* Fix on-canvas preview of filters
* Fix loading of ycbcr colorspace tiffs
* Port the alpha darken composite op from 1.6
* Fix crash loading some .gih image hose brush files: this improves our
compatibility with gimp brush files a lot (Note: painting with image hose
brushes is broken at the moment)

> And I would also like to collect screenshots of the changes.

I am trying to setup a krita development enviroment on my new macbook (I find
it exceedingly difficult to switch between a macbook keyboard and a thinkpad
keyboard!), so I might be able to have screenshots for OS X and Windows, as
well as Linux. I'm also trying to see whether using Qt 4.5 with its optimized
painting code will make some difference to the problem of Krita spending 30%
of its time in the code that assembles the prescaled image.