List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KAtelier?
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-09-15 15:47:30

Hi,

On Monday 15 September 2008, Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> I learnt that under the name of KAtelier Krita and Karbon are packaged
> 'outside of KOffice' to target Artists. Is that correct?
Yes this is correct.

> Can I find
> some more detailed information on that somewhere? Maybe on the wiki? I
> would like to add something to our promo strategy concept about this.

Well unfortunately no, there isn't much more information about this. The main
idea behing 'katelier' was that we have noticed that often krita and karbon
are perceived negatively by artists because they are part of an "office
suite". Our main intention is to still have krita and karbon shipped with
KOffice. But to promote KAtlier to artist with:
 * a dedicated website
 * a tarball with the source containing only what's needed for krita and
karbon
 * a 'katelier' metapackage in distribution that install krita and karbon

--
Cyrille Berger