List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: more krazyness
From:       Florian <florianmerz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-13 11:41:38

Am Mittwoch 10 September 2008 22:48:08 schrieb Girish Ramakrishnan:
> Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > Girish Ramakrishnan said the following, On 2008-09-10 21:00:

> >> I am not too sure about the Q_SIGNALS and Q_SLOT stuff. It is useful
> >> only if we ever plan to use boost. Or do we use it already? Anyway, I
> >> don't really care :-)
> >
> > It's not about _our_ use of boost. It's about not interfering with
> > anyone's code that combines boost and our public headers. [1]
>
> Yup, I realize what it is for. The reason I said "we" is that I think of
> koffice/libs as something that is common for koffice apps and not as an
> API for public use. We are very far away from providing a lib that is
> stable and usable for 3rd party. IMO, anyone who starts using the
> koffice libs is just asking for a lot of pain in the future since the
> libraries is still being designed. So it seemed a bit premature to do
> this, but yeah I agree that this will be useful 2 years down the line :-)

Hello Girish,

Is this a "I don't think we need this right now, but go ahead and commit the
changes, I don't care", or is this a "We don't need this right now and I don't
like the looks of it, so please don't do it right now"?

I'm fine with both, but I got the patch lying around on my hard disk, and I
can fix it right now, or I can just delete the patch file and let someone else
do the same work (not that it was that much work) in two years.

Greetings,
 Florian