List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koproperty
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2008-09-10 12:02:04

One more question: was there any discussion on the naming style before your
commit http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=735462 ?

 From libs/NAMING:
"The libs certainly don't use namespaces and (exported) classes in the libs
use the name prefix 'Ko'. This allows you to see that any class that starts
with 'Ko' is from the KOffice libs."

Let me add one note to this statement, after I have spent some months in the
KDEPIM development:

I wouldn't be so sure about "Ko" as belonging just to KOffice. I'll give you
example:

kdepim/korganizer/ uses "ko" prefix for a number of filenames. That was
noticeable for me as we can imagine code (e.g. a plugin) that uses both a
koffice libs class and parts of korganizer. Note, that once KDEPIM files will
be capitalized (I hope it will), these would have no "Ko" prefix.

But korganizer and the whole kdepim does use namespaces (as well as the
kdepimlibs), so there's is no reisk for overlapping at code level, and that's
thanks to use of namespaces. Kdepimlibs is BTW very similar in terms of
hierarchy to what parts of koffice libs would become.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek