List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: How to add dynamic content to KWord
From:       Adam Pigg <adam () piggz ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-09-05 18:17:22

Hi David

Yes, kexi has an API called KexiDB, available to C++ through the normal means, or \
internally to kexi scripts using kross scripting for javascript, python and maybe \
ruby.

Think of is as similar to DAO/ADO on msa (jstaniek will correct me if im wrong! :)  I \
used it to write a loader for kspread to open kexi databases back in 1.6, its pretty \
easy to use and samples are available.

For the pros/cons compared to QtSQL, best to look at \
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php@KexiDB versus QtSQL.html

Regards

Adam