List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New maintainer for KChart
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-09-01 20:48:04

Hi everybody,

As you may all know by now, I have just acquired gastric catarrh, and I don't
want to relive that experience.  So what I need to do in my life is to:

 - Cut down on coffee and spicy food
 - Have less stress
 - Sleep more regularly, and above all more

The last one is the one that really bites me.  So I had a short discussion
with Johannes Simon today and he agreed to take over the maintainership for
KChart. I will still help out with some programming on it, and of course also
the rest of KOffice.

This leaves me more time to do something that has been really left behind:
promoting KOffice with texts and talks. Especially around release time, it's
difficult to do frantic bugfixing and producing good texts at the same time.
It also fits nicely into Cyrille's idea that "the production of the release
documents has to be refactored" that I read on IRC the other day.

So from now on Johannes Simon is the new maintainer of KChart. And to be
honest, it's thanks to him that kchart is as good as it is today. He did most
of the job the last year, I was only involved in the design decisions and
some minor development.

	-Inge