List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: please svn up eigen2
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-08-31 11:11:27

On Sunday 31 August 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi Benoît,
>
> For the future, it would be better to rely purely on released version of
> eigen. There is a KOffice policy to rely on released software that was
> sufficiently well packaged, or to make the dependency sufficiently optional
> (and not compilation of kspread and krita isn't sufficiently optional ;) ),
> this lower the entry barrier for compiling koffice, since people just have
> to install a bunch of packages, and to compile koffice.

I still think that in the case of eigen, it makes a lot of sense to make
eigen2 an svn external module in KOffice. Nothing in eigen2 needs to be
packaged, we just need to have it around to compile. That way, we're always up
to date, development is easy for us and for Benoit who doesn't have to limit
his work to what's already in eigen.

The only price is another little hickup when doing svn up, after kdgantt gets
updated.