List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: gsoc pencils down dot article
From:       Pierre <pinaraf () pinaraf ! info>
Date:       2008-08-18 14:51:34

On Friday 15 August 2008 09:12:05 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To keep up the good tradition that KOffice has the first dot story about
> our gsoc successes, I want to start preparing an article on what we
> achieved this year. I was quite busy with my own students and some slices
> of personal life, so I didn't follow every project all that closely, but I
> don't think we had any failures this year :-).
>
> I would like mentors and students to send me a paragraph or two extolling
> their work, and I would like people who have made screen-shottable things
> to send me a couple of nice screenshots to include in the article.
Hi Boudjewin

First, please excuse me for the delay, I just realized that you sent your
email friday.... I should be more careful when reading the mailing lists, I
believed you sent it today.

So, let's go then ?

The SoC was mainly about improving OpenDocument support in KWord. A few weeks
were spent bringing back what was broken during previous refactoring (things
like loading pictures for instance, support for anchors). Various things have
been improved after that, especially around saving support (for instance,
lists and headers).
But the biggest things have been table of content support and page style
support. These two features represent quite some work, perhaps going a bit out
of the main SoC topic, but they are really needed.

Is that enough, or do you need more ?
Attached is a screenshot of these two features.

Pierre

["demo.png" (image/png)]