List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: gsoc pencils down dot article
From:       "Lorenzo Villani" <lvillani () binaryhelix ! net>
Date:       2008-08-18 13:58:37

On 8/15/08, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:

> I would like mentors and students to send me a paragraph or two extolling
> their work, and I would like people who have made screen-shottable things to
> send me a couple of nice screenshots to include in the article.

Sorry for the delay but during these days I had lot of troubles
getting a decent internet connection to commit my work in subversion
and read the emails.

During these months I worked on Kexi Web Forms, a daemon which
provides an embedded HTTP Server the users can connect to. The purpose
of Kexi Web Forms is to provide Forms on the web thus allowing people
who don't have kexi installed to modify the data in a given database
easily.
Thanks to the KexiDB2 library, the daemon is able to do
reverse-engineering on the database and discover the table names, the
stored queries and provide the user with an appropriate HTML form used
to create or update rows.

There's a very old screenshot here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lvillani01/KexiWebForms

As soon as I get a decent connection (I mean with an average speed of
more than 500 Bytes/s) I'll upload some newer screenshots too.

Regards
----
Lorenzo Villani
Blog: http://blog.binaryhelix.net