List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: One week left to soft-freeze
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2008-08-07 11:46:42

On Thursday 07 August 2008, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> It's open question (just a though) whether Kexi could be shiped in this
> form with clear note that it's a preview version. Distros already have
> defined separate packages for koffice apps, so there's no requirement for
> installing Kexi is one wants only stable versions.

I don't feel it's a good idea to ship "final" and "preview" applications at
the same time. I know distributions make it easy to install a subset of
koffice applications, but reviews and other publicity will discuss all of
koffice at the same time, and it would be a pity if reviewers spent valuable
column inches whining about unfinished applications -- which they will. And
distributions will be tempted to drop 1.6 applications if there is a 2.0
version, even if that version is clearly labeled "tech preview".

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi