List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF Lists
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2008-07-30 23:10:47

On Thursday 31 July 2008, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> what oo.org does;
> and here it starts to get confusing++ cause oo.org duplicates code and
> logic quit a lot. the most interesting parts seem to be in sw/source/core/*
> and there
> * each kind of textnode, what includes e.g. paragraphs, can have a
> outlineLevel, Level, numbering, etc.
> * SwNodes saves does provide a "mutable SwOutlineNodes* pOutlineNds;" which
> does allow fast access to the outline-nodes
> * that means, that oo.org *always* does provide a internal kind of toc
> where outlines are special cased

special cased => keeped up-to-date even during editing. So, it was even
important enough for them to take the additional time + code (it's really a
lot for outlines alone) to keep them up-to-date even during simple changes
like switching outline for a node on/off.

btw, that's also the background why we need to store the outline-logic outside
of the paragstyle/liststyle (like the numbering too, but that's for later ;)
cause they are not related to styles at all and therefore it makes really not
much sense to have them e.g. within the paragstyle. Well, Thomas did point
out that there is no 1:1 style-mapping, so maybe it makes sense if any block
has a paragstyle anyway...

re qtextlist/header/style/muh:
thinking again if would be probably really enough to just have some kind
of "index" where blocks are able to register themself as being an outline /
notify changes done to them (what is the base to allow self-updating tocs
btw). Such a outline-toc would probably be also not limited to headers since
oo.org shows us, that anything can be an outline...