List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Question about XIRR in financial.cpp
From:       "Alvaro Soliverez" <asoliverez () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-17 20:23:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello all,
I'm a developer of KMyMoney. I work mostly on reports and forecast for that
application.
Lately we have found some issues in the way we calculate IRR (internal rate
of return) when reports are over a couple of years.

Looking for some info, I found the method func_xirr in financial.cpp, which
is used by KSpread and it looks very similar to the one we use.

My question is, does it work fine when the series of cashflows are spread
over several years?
We found the issue when a user tried an IRR report on a series spread over
10 years.

Is that method even intended to provide results over several years? I
noticed the 365, which might lead to odd calculation when dates are over a
year.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Regards,
Alvaro Soliverez