List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple tool dockers
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-07-07 9:24:30

Hello,

I will tell the reason why I liked the idea. Based on my own experience with
using a laptop with a small screen (1280x800) and desktop computer with a
dual screen setup (1920x1200 / 1280x1024). I organize dockers and screen
space completely differently on those two setups (and everybody I have seen,
do the same), each time, the goal is to maximize the efficiency, on the small
screen the dockers are tabbed together, to maximize the canvas space. On the
big screens, they are untabbed (and if my xorg setup would allow it, I would
have the work space on the 1920x1200 monitor, and all dockers on 1280x1024
untabbed, like I did with photoshop/indesign on windows some years ago).

That said, from IRC discution with Casper and others, and reading the relevant
part of your emails, it is clear that we *all* have concerns over the
automagically appearing dockers/tabs. So lets work together on this, on
defining how it should behave.

If there are bugs, and issue with the code for that features, it goes without
saying that it needs to be fixed.

--
Cyrille Berger