List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple tool dockers
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2008-07-04 13:34:55

On Friday 04 July 2008 15:08:32 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 03 July 2008, C. Boemann wrote:
> > A user can tab those dockers together just like any other dockers. And
> > since the underlying tooldockers just change title when changing tool,
> > the dockers stay tabbed together, making it easy to administer.
>
> There really are two things that we need to solve to make this work:
>
> * presentation of tabs of dockers: right now tab titles use a big font, so
> you cannot have many tabs, and having icons as tab titles seems
impossible
> (which is a pity, because that would be very nice)
As stefan has said it can probably be fixed in style. But I'm also going to
look into doing a hack from the koffice side.

> * initial configuration of the tabs. There's my krita hack, but we need to
> find a way for tools to create the initial constelllation of tool dockers.
This is a mute point, as I've explained to boud on irc just now. The tabs are
initially configured from the rc file, and since the tool dockers are shared
by all tools, it's not like the user or tool have to configure each one
individually. The krita hack will work just fine with multiple dockers too.

best regards
Casper