List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice not compiling
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-19 21:37:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

El Thursday 19 June 2008 14:45:39 escribió:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> The code you're working on in KPresenter
> (filters/kpresenter/kpr2odf/StylesFilterkpr2odf.cpp) doesn't compile, with
> the following error:
>
> line 333: Error: "Filterkpr2odf::createGradientStyle(const KoXmlElement&)"
> is expected to return a value.

Actually I was concerned because I wasn't getting that error, I'm compiling it
right now without much trouble. Weird huh?.

> And I really can't tell what needs fixing here. Line 333 is clearly a
> missing return but I have no idea what the function might sensibly return.
> Some kind of m_styles.lookup(), but what?

Yes a m_styles.lookup() is the right return, I'll try to fix it right now.
> There were a bunch of other "happy constructor" pattern gcc-isms which I
> removed.

What do you mean?, it's a explicit constructor so as far as I can tell
foo::foo is a right call, isn' it?
What's '"happy constructor" pattern gcc-isms' ?
> There are no API docs or much of an explanation in the code of what is
> going on; API documentation in particular is generally appreciated. It
> wouldn't have helped me here, since I *really* don't know what the code is
> supposed to do, but in other cases, or with other people looking at it ..
Nope, because I'm still working on the gradient, acually I think I document
too much, just not in that function... yet.