List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Print preview
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-29 17:53:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29. May 2008 14:05:54 Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the print preview does not work atm. The preview dialog stays empty and the
> document is printed directly.

I misunderstood the API and wanted to fix it in Qt.

The main problem is that Qt Print dialog expects the signal it emits to start
printing to only return when the full print job has been finished. In our
case it returns immediately.

I think we just have to change a little thing in KOffice to make it only
return when printing is done and it will work just fine.
I can look at that later.

For someone else that looks at it; it still is very important that we keep the
multi-tasking nature of printing, please don't go back to single tasking and
blocking UI-threads :)
--
Thomas Zander