List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/kspread
From:       "Christian Ehrlicher" <Ch.Ehrlicher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-05-28 8:49:55

> Von: Cyrille Berger
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > SVN commit 813467 by chehrlic:
> >
> > msvc compile++ and fix logic.
> > gcc does not complain about this issue because it's not an error for the
> > compiler - but for sure it's not the way the developer wanted it.
>
> Are you sure ? I mean, returning a non-const ref in a const function
> doesn't
> sounds like a good idea to me.

I never said it's fully correct - I only said that it's completely wrong the way it \
was before:

KoPageLayout SheetPrint::paperLayout() const
{
    return m_settings->pageLayout();   // here the pageLayout is copied
}

void otherFunction()
{
  paperlayout().width = 25;
}

But gcc doesn't complain because it's valid c++

So the fix was actually 'make 1.9.95.8 compile and inform the koffice devs that \
there's something wrong' :)

Christian