List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice website re-design
From:       Valerie <valerie_vk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-05-20 8:55:38

Hey, now that Thomas has helped simplify the Contributions section,
I think I might have a really KISS approach to content structure
(for the non-applications page):

Main page:
- Download
- Discover
- Join

(major issue: how to list the links to sub-applications)

Download:
- Linux
- Windows
- Mac
- Developers

Discover:
- The vision
- The applications
- The future (?)
- (blog? news? forum?)

Join:
- Coders
- Ideas
- Website (not sure about this)
- Community

This can keep the design nice and clean. As for "The vision," I'm
thinking up a version 2.0 now, starting with the question: "Why
re-invent the wheel?" It will then make a list of major features
of KOffice:
- Comprehensive: [list and description of all KOffice components,
ending with a link to the Applications page of Discover]
- Integrated: [description of Flake]
- New interface concepts: [thinking new ways to productivity, the
point is unlike OpenOffice KOffice does not need to follow closely
the MS Office design]
- Open Document format: [short description of the format, the
purpose, and the applications that uses them]
- Dynamic development: [well it's said that it's growing faster
than the other applications right?]

For the last point by the way, could someone give a short
explanation as to Why KOffice development is faster/more
efficient/whatever? Is all of KOffice highly modular like Krita?
Or is it thanks to Qt? Other reasons?