On Sunday 18 May 2008, Thomas Zander wrote: > If you have problems that there are incompatibilities we need to find them > and fix them in the proper location. Since we will have to release with 4.4 > (as also posted in my other mail). > I doubt you'll find a lot of upgrade problems. Release 4.4 is pretty stable > and our customers seem to agree. Lots of bugfixes that will help you. You know I really think Qt is a great library, while I understand you are proud of it, you should avoid ignoring its shortcomings, and upgrades between minor version is one of the biggest shortcomings of Qt, when I look at the number of stuff that broke between Qt4.3 and Qt4.4 in Krita, I do think they are a lot of upgrade problems, and the fixes needed for this are not allways compatible between 4.3 and 4.4 (at least I had a lot of issue there with previous upgrade), and yes I gave up reporting since I don't have time to spend on making isolated test case (and while you might think it's all my fault or krita fault, I expect code that work with 4.3 to work with 4.4 the same way, and to work with 4.5 4.6 4.6 4.8...). > Also, check your distro for packages to avoid compiling yourself. This will > likely avoid any space problems on your disk too. It's allready what I do... and have beeing doing for a long time... but that doesn't avoid my need to stay with 4.3... But if there is no way around, and I am the only one with the issue, I don't want to be the one blocking the project to move forward. -- Cyrille Berger _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel