List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: time to move on to qt44
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-18 7:03:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 17. May 2008 23:24:53 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Sunday 11 May 2008, C. Boemann wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Now that Qt 4.4 is out could we then move on to require it for trunk?
>
> Why can't we keep the current way of #ifdefing the Qt4.4 new features ?

I've given a long answer in another mail on this thread. But for your own
reasoning you answer it yourself just below:

> (<personal life>I still do a lot of developement on my laptop on which I
> don't want to upgrade to 4.4 because Qt4 upgrade are not that smoothly and
> usually code that work with one version of Qt4 doesn't with an other,

If you have problems that there are incompatibilities we need to find them and
fix them in the proper location. Since we will have to release with 4.4 (as
also posted in my other mail).
I doubt you'll find a lot of upgrade problems. Release 4.4 is pretty stable
and our customers seem to agree. Lots of bugfixes that will help you.

Also, check your distro for packages to avoid compiling yourself. This will
likely avoid any space problems on your disk too.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander