List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Tables for KWord, next iteration
From:       Pierre <pinaraf () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2008-05-15 21:35:47

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Sebastian Sauer <mail@dipe.org> wrote:
> 1. TableShape
> I guess this is really the worst thing to go since it would mean we would need
> one textshape per cell and that sounds like a bad idea specially for large
> tables. Also we would need with various other things like splitting the shape
> if it's larger then a page and we would need to deal with nested shapes. Also
> we would probably need to use the same logic for columns then.
We only mean tables in KoText/KWord of course, the tableshape is great
for single tables in, say, KPresenter or Krita...

> 2. Extend the current layout code.
> Those code-base is a rather huge mess imho and tables+nested tables would turn
> it into a code-monster. The idea would be to fork here the (private and not
> accessible) logic scribe's layout has for tables and extend our layouter with
> it.
Just a small comment about this possibility : when I tried it, alone,
about 10 months ago, I stopped trying after working one week with no
kind of results except headaches...
I don't think it'd be really sane to do this one if we can't get one
of the pharmaceutic industry monsters to provide us with tons of
aspirin...