List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: time to move on to qt44
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-12 17:40:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 12. May 2008 14:30:22 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> The crash can be fixed in okular by;
>
> QTextList* list;
> QTextBlock prevBlock;
> //some code to determinate prevBlock
> - list->add( prevBlock );
> + if( prevBlock.isValid() ) list->add( prevBlock );

I would argue that this is the only correct fix, passing around a non-valid
block doesn't seem like something Qt should be guarded against. It would slow
down things quite a lot do check everywhere, while a little restructure in
okular would avoid it.

But we are going off topic here ;)

The point is really that if you find a bug in Qt, its very important that the
trolls know about it since I actively go out and try to find it myself. (I'm
quite busy with non-koffice stuff nowadays).
--
Thomas Zander