List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Hi, I need some help plz
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-05-01 19:56:07

On Thursday 01 May 2008 19:24:02 Jonathan Ballesteros wrote:
> Hi from Mexico, well I have Centos 5 and I want to install koffice, I've
> downloaded the source and when I type ./configure it give me a message
> error "checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please
> check your installation and add the correct paths!" I was reading about
> that and I tried to install some about xorg-devel, libs-devel,
> xorg-x11-devel, but I just got gtk2-devel, any ideas why I still have the
> same problem.
>
> thank you for your support

What you need is probably a package called libX11-devel.  So the following
command should install it for you:

yum install libX11-devel

I also know from experience that you will probably need many more -devel
packages. Those packages contain include files that are used for exactly what
you are doing now: building software from source code.

You should be able to follow the configuration and see which devel packages
you need.  Should you have even more problems, you can always write more
mails to koffice-devel or join us on IRC at freenode.org in the channel
#koffice.

Good luck!

	-Inge