List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kplato] Charts
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-04-29 12:47:37

On Monday 28 April 2008 14:44:19 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 28. April 2008 14:06:23 Inge Wallin wrote:
> > An idea:
> >
> > How difficult would it be to create a QWidget that can embed any flake
> > shape (say KoFlakeShapeWidget). The widget would resize the shape when it
> > is resized itself, and do other housekeeping too.   Along with this, a
> > KoFlakeToolWidget could be created to embed the appropriate tool.
>
> That would be called a canvas, wouldn't it? :)

Not really.  A canvas is for me in general something that you put other stuff
on, and in our case would be something that we put flakes on.  What I'm
describing above is indeed a KoCanvas, but specialized to only take exactly
one flake shape. Basically its purpose is to create a widget out of a flake
shape to allow it to be used in applications that are not originally written
to use flake.

If you like, you can view it as a migration tool that allows somebody to
quickly use a flake shape without having to rewrite the internals of the
application in question. Then, later, it can be rewritten to use more of the
flake machinery and thus also open up to use more flake features in the
application.

	-Inge